how to use DB to generate a rendered images ?

Forum for users to discuss the DesignBuilder Radiance daylighting tools and ask questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

sunshine20cn

how to use DB to generate a rendered images ?

Postby sunshine20cn » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:55 am

Dear sir
If I want to use DB to generate a rendered images of interior of exterior building, should I need some other software just like Desktop Radiance? I found that DB has the capacity to export radiance model. How to use it ? Can this model be imported into Desktop Radiance? Thank you!

zhang peng
BeiJing, China
Andy Tindale

Postby Andy Tindale » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 am

We haven't yet finished our rendered Radiance output interface. In the meantime you can export the main radiance geometry .rad file using "File > Export > Export Radiance model" menu command. I'm not familar with desktop radiance but I expect that it can read .rad files.

Andy
Jerawan

Re: how to use DB to generate a rendered images ?

Postby Jerawan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:05 am

sunshine20cn wrote:Dear sir
If I want to use DB to generate a rendered images of interior of exterior building, should I need some other software just like Desktop Radiance? I found that DB has the capacity to export radiance model. How to use it ? Can this model be imported into Desktop Radiance? Thank you!

zhang peng
BeiJing, China

Zhang.
Hi. I hope you are still following this post.
I am wondering if the Radiance (.rad) file that exported from DB has worked with Desktop Radiance for you?? I use Desktop Radiance via Autodesk Ecotect adn it doesn't work for me. What is the solution you have ended up with?
nfonner

Bump

Postby nfonner » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:29 pm

I would also like to know.
With v4, must I still export and render via external radiance programs to get a radiance rendered image of the DesignBuilder model?

Thanks,
Luis Sousa

Postby Luis Sousa » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:02 am

Hello,

You can select the report type "1-Map" where the daylight distribution contour map on the working plane is displayed.

For more information see:
http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/helpv4.3 ... ptions.htm

Regards,
LS
nfonner

Postby nfonner » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:49 pm

Sorry. I meant whether or not I can render a radiance scene while inside DesignBuilder.

Ie. Set up a camera and render the space using radiance to see the contours over the rendered image for client presentation.
Luis Sousa

Postby Luis Sousa » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

Unfortunately this cannot be done within Designbuilder and you will need to use another radiance program to obtain the rendered radiance scene.

BR,
Luis
nfonner

Postby nfonner » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Ok. Thanks for the verification.

Return to “Radiance Daylighting”