Set materials specularity and roughness(?)

Forum for users to discuss the DesignBuilder Radiance daylighting tools and ask questions

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

m.soderlund

Set materials specularity and roughness(?)

Postby m.soderlund » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am

Hi all,

Currently using Ecotect together with Radiance for my daylight calculations I\'m used to be able to set the materials specularity and roughness values. New as I am to DesignBuilder I can\'t find where you set these values in this software?

If you export your model in DesignBuilder to Radiance the default values seems to be be for specularity 0.0 and roughness 0.2 for the plastic material type.

Cheers,
Mikael
Andy Tindale

Postby Andy Tindale » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi Mikael,

It isn\'t possible to set specularity and roughness for radiance material surfaces in the current version of DB.

We are planning to provide a new \"Surface finish\" data object which will be used to define the this data for daylighing as well as the texture for visualisations. This development is high on our list of priorities.

Andy
m.soderlund

Postby m.soderlund » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Thank you for your reply Andy.

Is this a feature what will come at the same time you present your revamped daylight output options mentioned in a previous post?

(Can\'t post the link cus of forum limiations but search for \"daylight output\" in the EnergyPlus General forum.)

Cheers,
Mikael

Return to “Radiance Daylighting”