Comfort PMV set points

Help and discussion on using the Detailed HVAC option

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

tasosi13

Comfort PMV set points

Postby tasosi13 » Sun May 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello,

I have a question related to the Environmental Control and particularly the Comfort PMV set points.

I am trying to simulate a dwelling and study the differences in energy consumption by using different control options (Air Temperature, Operative temperature and PMV).

However, when I am using the PMV set point, which for the Heating Comfort set point I set to -0.5 (the cold end of the neutral comfort zone according to Fanger's model) I see in the results PMV values colder than -0.5. This is observed in various configurations, I have uploaded a file with an A energy class dwelling equipped with a GSHP and under floor heating and a file with the same dwelling as an F energy class equipped with radiators)

Since the PMV is used as the set point, why is the PMV not always -0.5, or at least around this value? Should't the PMV set point be regulating the heating system in such a way so that the indoor comfort is always -0,5 (consequently the indoor temperatures should be adjusting to reach the necessary level (PMV -0,5) of comfort?

I would really appreciate if you could help me with this, I am in the finish line of my PhD and this was an unexpected event.
I would like to thank you in advance for your effort and consideration.

Looking forward for your answer.

Kind Regards
Anastasios (Tasos) Ioannou
Attachments
Concept House--A label--GSHP.dsb
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
W013.dsb
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 65 times

Return to “EnergyPlus HVAC”