Modeling blocks and flat roofs

Help on setting up the building geometry, including importing from BIM

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

nielex

Modeling blocks and flat roofs

Postby nielex » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:15 pm

Dear DB-Team,

please let me discuss a dated topic regarding flat roofs and the influence in volume calculation. I have a building with three different blocks and set the height in the model options. I also define a flat roof construction with 0,4 m.

So in the recent past it was defined that a flat roof is not included in the respective block height (see attached file and following link).

http://www.designbuilder.co.uk/helpv4.7 ... nsions.htm

Using 4.7.0.027 and analysing some zones flat roofs are included in the block. Is that correct?

With the "Geometry convection template" I can set some parameters for the volume calculation. Using "1-Inner" for volume and floor calculation and a fixed surface thickness with 0,0 m for flat roof I get the volume without the flat roof (= flat roof is excluded from the block height). So only the zone volume will be influenced and the position of the flat roof (z-coordinate) in both cases is the same. Is that correct?

Is the flat roof always automatically included in the block (there is no parameter to change this fact)?

Thanks, Alex
Attachments
160607_Frontansicht.pdf
(36.22 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Mathisda

Re: Modeling blocks and flat roofs

Postby Mathisda » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

Hello Nielex,

Did you find how to modelize a flat roof please ? I need to add a flat roof to a simple construction i did. In the construction tab, i entered the specificities of my flat roof but i don't know if the software considers that i have a flat roof. I didn't add any roof in the layout.

Thanks,

Return to “Geometric Modelling”