Change the type of walls from interior to exterior

Help on setting up the building geometry, including importing from BIM

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

moslem160

Change the type of walls from interior to exterior

Postby moslem160 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello,

I have an office with 4 walls, which two of them have different materials. Basically, all types of walls define as exterior walls. Therefore, if I define materials for the external walls automatically apply for all four walls. I should find a way to change the material of two of them.
One way which seems to be useful is first change two of them to the interior wall then define different material for interior walls.but I do not know, how should I do that?!

I will appreciate if you help me with this issue to change the material of two walls from four walls.

It is worth to note that, adding some neighbor units can change two of them to the interior wall (partition) but is not worth, because there will be some problem in simulation. (Some simulation apply for all units on the board)

Best regards,
Moslem
Luis Sousa

Re: Change the type of walls from interior to exterior

Postby Luis Sousa » Wed May 10, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Moslem,

You can navigate to the wall surface and hard set the external wall construction at surface level. The external wall construction at surface level should be displayed with red colour when it not inheriting the data from upper levels.

I would suggest to look at the Basic Model Data tutorials to get an better understanding of the software modelling options.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... VhzW_Z147d

BR,
Luis

Return to “Geometric Modelling”