Simulation Manager not helping!!

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

Ha_Aria

Simulation Manager not helping!!

Postby Ha_Aria » Wed May 30, 2018 1:19 pm

I am modeling a big building that each annual run takes about 50 min. I like to use simulation manager as the way it is explained to run a simulation and working on my DesignBuilder model at the same time. However simulation manager keeps DesgnBuilder busy with a window showing "submitting job for.." until the simulation manager run finish. I am using localhost (only option) for my simulation manager. I wonder is there a way to run and work in DesignBuilder at the same time in localhost? should I do anything to have this option?
I appreciate your comments.
Darren Flight

Re: Simulation Manager not helping!!

Postby Darren Flight » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:15 pm

You just need to close the Simulation Manager dialog and you will be taken back to DesignBuilder simulation screen. You can carry on working on the model or load a different model and the simulation will still carry on running on the background.

Save the model to keep the record of these last simulations and the simulation results will be available to load back later. The simulation progress can be monitored by running the standalone Simulation Manager that is available from Windows >Start>All Programs>DesignBuilder>Simulation Manager. For more information about working with Simulation Manager see https://designbuilder.co.uk/helpv5.4/#S ... Client.htm
Ha_Aria

Re: Simulation Manager not helping!!

Postby Ha_Aria » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:09 pm

Darren,Thanks for the response.

Return to “EnergyPlus General”