Export from Revit to DesignBuilder (keeping the thermal properties)

Forum for DesignBuilder EnergyPlus simulation users to exchange views and questions. Posts regarding use of Detailed HVAC should go to the EnergyPlus HVAC forum

Moderator: DesignBuilder Support

jdevos16

Export from Revit to DesignBuilder (keeping the thermal properties)

Postby jdevos16 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:58 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on interoperability between Revit and DesignBuilder. It's pretty simple to export a gbxml file from Revit to DesignBuilder and keep the overhaul geometry of the project. However, each time I exported a gbxml file, the thermal properties were not updated and DesignBuilder just put the default materials.

I looked a bit into the xml format and actually the wall, bulkhead, etc... are exported into the file but it seems that it can't be loaded by DesignBuilder.

Is there any way to export walls and floors from Revit to Design Builder with the same details? Or to make DesignBuilder load the thermal properties exported into the gbxml files ?

Thank you in advance.
Marco Passarelli
Site Admin

Re: Export from Revit to DesignBuilder (keeping the thermal properties)

Postby Marco Passarelli » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi,

Make sure the thermal properties for all materials of the constructions have been set up in Revit.

For more details, please have a look in the step 8- Check the construction assignment of Example 1 in the DesignBuilder Revit - gbXML tutorial attached.

MP
Attachments
DB-Revit_gbXML TUTORIAL.pdf
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 55 times

Return to “EnergyPlus General”